Friday, July 1, 2011

pastoral care

I’m boggled! Seriously, make me into one of those creepy big headed bobblers that move back and forth.
MY GOD IS SO GOOD!! He opens the floodgates of Heaven! To those who seek Him, to those who want to see His glory, it’s there, it’s right here! My brain can’t really function right now cause there are about 8 different directions that I want to take this next sentence.
Ok let’s start with this morning.

“Here inside your presence, taken by the wonder of You. Here inside Your glory, we give our lives fully to You.”

This was the cry of my morning, so as I began to remember the vision that Jesus gave me on one of our long bus rides in Israel, I began to remember Baylor. I had put it in my calendar to go and pray for people. Now for those of you who live in Dallas, Baylor hospital is like a small city. There are so many buildings and so many parts, it would take you days to maneuver through that mess. I jumped in the car, drove to Baylor (like 4 minutes from my house) and put the money in the meter. Stepped out and after having a long worshiping Jesus morning, cause I just felt so overjoyed…I mean I literally laughed the entire way to the hospital, I said, “Holy Spirit, take these feet wherever you want.”

And He did. Walking in the 106 degree weather.

Then I was gonna go in the emergency center, but I chickened out cause there were SO many ambulances going in and out I just thought I would be in the way (when I decide to put on my big girl pants, I’ll let you know how the ER is.) So I moved on through to the next building. Walked through the doors with this giddy smile and was in a cafeteria. Not where I wanted to be. I hopped in the elevator and said..hmm down? Yeah, and it led me to the other exit door. So I took that as a no for that building. Walked across the street to the Heart and Vascular Institute. I thought, hmm I could pray for people’s hearts physically and spiritually to be healed! Perfect! Walked in and just acted like I knew my way around.  Saw the directory on the wall, and I saw that on floor 3 was pastoral care. Perfect! We'll join forces! Hopped on another elevator. So I go to the door of pastoral care, knocked, and knocked... pretty sure homeboy is already on holiday. I walk around the corner to the waiting room, and just sit. Then a volunteer, named Ralf, asked me if I knew a patient (because that’s a requirement to be in the waiting room.) I said, “Nope, I’m just waiting for pastoral care.” Then I realized, after the expression on his face he thought that I was deeply troubled or something. Ralf told me he was going to go and make a few phone calls to try and find the pastor. About 7 minutes went by and I could see that him and his co-worker, Mary, were struggling to reach him. I got up and told them that I really was ok, and I could come back later. I just wanted to ask the pastor, essentially, "Can I walk around with you and pray healing?" So I told Mary and Ralf that when they asked my purpose for the visit. They were very adamant about making sure I was not troubled and didn't need guidance immediately. Well, for those of you who know my love for old people, I was just in love with how stinkin' cute they were! Well, we get to talking, and I start telling them about my YWAM experience and how Jesus’ love compelled me to come and He just gave me this desire to see people encounter His love. They were intently listening, so I naturally, go deeper. We connected over a few things that I said, which I love! I tell them about what’s next and how I am leaving all this and moving to California to be completely dependent on people’s monthly support to get me there, and God’s faithfulness and provision. Mary started crying. Then I lost it. She told me about how she has lung cancer now and has been through 9 chemo treatments and her buddy Ralf has heart failure and has had multiple surgeries. She asked me to pray for her. There it was, after all my wondering about, here was my stop. So I prayed. And I just wanted her to know Jesus’ love deeply. We hugged and she told me she was so proud of me, and Ralf offered me his pie. He must’ve of known I am a sucker for pastries. Then Mary reached into her purse and handed me a $20 bill. She said, “Here, I want you to take this and spend it on your travels. God bless you.”

I cried.

I had just had a conversation last night about how, God, every time that I  have looked in my bank account this week after I’ve given, He has almost doubled the amount in there. And literally, I have no idea where it is coming from. But I just know, when I look, there is always more in there than the last time that I looked. Which, don't get too giddy, i'm a missionary, so there really is not that much in there haha

This $20, when He said, that I will provide for you, I will never leave you with less than, and you will feel My love. HE MEANT IT. I’m looking at a miracle!!

There are no other words on my lips, than HOLY HOLY HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!

And this little Mary reminded me that He loves me. That He loves me so much that He sent me all the way to Baylor to meet 2 people that love Him and just needed prayer, just loved having the company from someone who wanted to love them.

“...but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
Acts 1:8

“I love you, O Lord, my strength.”
Psalm 18:1

Hebrews 4:14-16

more of this day to blog later.


He makes ALL things possible! 
That when we are faithful to give, He always teaches us something new and exciting about Him.

1 comment: