Saturday, November 5, 2011

immediate proximity


presence 
n
1. the state or fact of being present
2. the immediate proximity of a person or thing
3. personal appearance or bearing, esp of a dignified nature
4. an imposing or dignified personality
5. an invisible spirit felt to be nearby
6. electronics a recording control that boosts mid-range frequencies
7. (of a recording) a quality that gives the impression that the listener is in the presence of the original source of the sound
8. obsolete assembly or company




The lyrics of her spontaneous worship she sings here, has been the cry of the heart for the past month. If I could sum up this past month's prayer, it would be this prayer right here. Sometimes it's the hunger that i'm in and other, it's complete awe.


"...more than the air I breathe. More than the song I sing. More than anything, I need You more.
I'm so hungry for more of Your presence God, I don't wanna stay where I've been, I don't wanna camp out and just stay in one place God, I wanna run deeper into Your presence God. Cause I'm hungry for so much more of You, my heart always follows You, my heart always finds it's way home to You. My heart is pressing in, pressing into Your voice tonight, God. What are You saying, what are You doing? I just wanna be with You, I just wanna be in Your presence tonight. I need You more, so much more than anything, so much more than everything, You are all I want. 
You're all that I want, God.
I need You more.
Your presence is life to me. It's the air that I breathe. I need You more EVERYDAY.
Everyday."


What an incredibly, pure, heart cry. I just can see Jesus with tears in His eyes, knowing that the one He created, who was made to worship Him, is doing just that, in a cry of the heart. This is the part of the song that she stopped singing lyriced words, but began to let the overflow of Jesus in her heart cry out. Do we cry out our hearts words, our thoughts, praise, adoration... not with lyrics, but with our creativity? 
I have discovered that this is one of my most favorite ways to let Jesus know all the insides of my heart. It's so much fun, I dare you to try it! I begin saying and singing things that I didn't even know were there. 




But yet these words have also been the most challenging words of the month. Because do I live, do I reflect a life that says, "Jesus there is nothing, not food, not stuff, not friends, not church, not time with YWAM family, there is nothing that I need more than His presence...everyday." Can my heart be satisfied, be completely filled by His presence alone? I wake up and say, Jesus if nothing else good or nothing else works today, I am so satisfied with a beautiful day in Your presence? 


What other god chooses to be in our presence? What other being desires us to be with him? That us in His presence changes things. It changes our hearts, it changes how we see people, it changes what we do. We walk away completely different than when we were not in His presence.
And what if this was something that we could steward all the time? Because we have access to do so. Imagine if 5 minutes in His presence changes things, what a whole day could do...
What if we actually allow that to change something?


Every time that I hear this song, I just can't get enough of it, there is something in my heart that changes. And past the song, Jesus speaks directly to my heart.








Thank you Jesus that you don't desire to have us walk alone, and that we are allowed, so lovingly, to be dependent on You. Oh, i'd be even more of a mess without it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment