Monday, January 16, 2012

week one.

Well. After all the anticipation of the students coming... they have now been here for a week!!
We are past the awkward, "I don't know you" phase, and have moved into living life together. It is in some senses exactly what I expected, but in some ways so much harder than I thought.
I am already learning patience, and to be moldable myself. I'm being asked questions far beyond what I know- which is fun to have Holy Spirit teaching and correcting me in every situation. I love that!

If you are my friend on facebook or follow me on instagram, i'm sure that you have seen the pictures from EVERYDAY here. I love getting to document this journey that is not only theirs, but one that I get to experience with them.

Here are a few from the past week, just in case you missed them:


Me and Aleesha shopping for ONE WEEK of groceries. Insane. 


Our staff student wall, that Jael worked so diligently on.


First day showing their new territory (Shell Beach)


Teachings...


Sing along with kazoos!


My new pet fish: Aashi :) and the little boy at the pet store who helped me decide which one to get


Worship and Intercession



Cracked windshield! No one was hurt, just a crazy freak accident of the hood flying into the windshield. 

surf's up dude! two of our staff teaching the students how to surf


beach volleybal 

smores delight 


SKYPING WITH LEA!!


and in the midst of the school, also planning a trip to India. Joy to my heart!


a little place I like to call home.

I am so very excited to see what else Jesus has! It's going to be far beyond what we ever thought.
And i'm not sure if I had mentioned it or not...but for outreach, WE ARE GOING TO SOUTH ASIA!!

More stories to come :)

1 comment:

  1. so stoked to have you hear pouring into the lives of the students!!!

    ReplyDelete