Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is Enough

Words.

Words on a page.

How are they significant?


Well they are because they are because they are.

Who can say that these words are nothing?


So how does all this make sense? What is the purpose of questioning these things?

I really am just word vomiting on the page because my brain thinks faster than what I like to write. So therefore I am going to say these things as a way to word spew an overflow.

An overflow of His goodness. Of His creation. Of His astounding love.

OF HIS WORD.

(These words are significant.)

He says. THE LORD SAYS. Do not worry about tomorrow.

FOR tomorrow will worry about itself.

You have and are proving for TODAY.



Today $1900 was provided. Do I need A LOT more? Yes.

But for today, this is enough. This is more than enough.

Instead of me seeking and dwelling on what I do not have, for today I have all that I need.

(I know that you have heard this all of your life.)


CHALLENGE: Take all the things in your life that you need right now. All the things that are not being provided for and make a list. All the things that you even want.



Now…

Make another list on another page on all the ways that He has provided for you TODAY.

Be specific.


Now…

Which list has more?



Hmm...

Doesn’t God provide more that what we need?

We have clean water. Electricity. Internet. Paper. Pen. Clothes. Coffee. I mean this list can go on and on and on.

Now take the list of “needs”…cross it out! and write this underneath it.

So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

Matthew 6:34


The Lord promises… I am RIGHT HERE. I am RIGHT HERE. I am not leaving, I am not forsaking.

Ask the Lord, what can be my overflow?

My chains are broken. You run to me to fill my cup.

Do not let this get in the way of His goodness, His new mercies each day.

He-everyday- is renewing us from the inside out.

This is enough.

He is with us.

God is my refuge and strength.

God is in the midst of me, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment