Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rethink

God you are showing me over and over again that this is something that I CANNOT ignore. A call on my heart that I need to intercede! I need to be more present in what is going on around the world.

I can no longer sit bored and idly while people are dying, because I am knowledgeable of what is going on, yet I chose to sit on my butt, sitting for mindless hours in front of my computer, tv, phone, ANYTHING but choosing to fight back.

To fight back for the justice that I can chose into making a change. To partner with what God is already doing. That I don’t have to fight it on my own, but I can be apart of a world change!

That we have the POWER to move. We have the power to DO.

That the time is now. You are calling us, and have always called us to be movers, doers, and disciple the nations…which requires us to do more than just “be.”

Why do we do this? Why do we sit back with the KNOWLEDGE of what is going on around us? Because we are LAZY, SELFISH, and so easily cold-shouldered, because thank God it isn’t happening to us right?

Thank God that we aren’t the ones who have to lose our house because of an earthquake, or since our family can’t support their addictions, they have to sell our daughter into prostitution, thank God that we don’t wake up every morning fearing for our lives because we are of a certain tribe…

Thank God, huh?

That His blessing is still here, that it is still upon us. That we don’t have to worry because He just loves this nation so much He holds back His wrath.

WRONG.

THIS IS WRONG.

We live as though we are untouchable. But more so than that, we live as if we aren’t RESPONSIBLE. That somehow God allows us to know all these injustices, but then wants us to spend 3 hours a day of facebook instead of fighting on behalf of His children. OUR brothers and sisters.

Hmm. our brothers and sisters?

When we put it into those words, wouldn’t you fight for your siblings? Wouldn’t you want that injustice against family TO STOP.

Well, they are, we are family.

So where does that leave us? That leaves us completely dependent on the goodness and glory of God, that we are in DESPERATE need of our Father. We are in total need of His wisdom.

Some things to chew on for the week. You can join me in that one J


Here are two of the videos that just wrecked my heart.

I Heart Revolution: Courtesy of Will during our DTS focus time


A Call to Anguish: Courtesy of Taylor, love the challenges he gives.

1 comment:

  1. So good Audrey. So much truth. I am convicted.

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete