Wednesday, September 28, 2011

so long to the big red white and blue

It's becoming final. It's that time where I begin to realize that trying to healthily wrap up seasons is more and more of my reality.
I am leaving all that I am familiar with and love here in Dallas again. Family, best friends, new friends, and things that are familiar to navigate through.
It's all coming to a close, I mean as far as this season of my life. The waiting before the...


Two nights ago I think was the night it really hit me, like it does every time before I leave. That I have a family, and extended family that loves me immensely and to always just pick up and leave, not only hurts my heart, but it's hard on sisters and parents who we miss living chunks of this life this life together.


I told one of my best friends Taylor the other night that I just became overwhelmed with the idea that this potentially will be the rest of my life. Picking up and leaving. Meeting people and having only 6 months to spend with them. This idea overwhelms me at times.


It's a funny thing to come to terms with at times, that I have this life that is in constant motion, constant change. Now, for me... I LOVE THIS. Just the excitement of the everyday unknown, but at the same time, the relational side of me hurts in that time. But the best part I think is that, it has never stopped me from loving people deeply, even though I know there will probably be a goodbye nearby.


Now, i've got to stop this sappy-ness.
Because yes, the sadness of leaving again hurts, but at the same time I have oh so much to look forward to!
I was talking to Aleesha yesterday (a regular in my phone) who is on staff, and the amount of times that we laugh in a conversation is outrageous to count. I have a new family in Pismo and THAT IS EXCITING!! That I get to walk back to a place that I once went not knowing a single person. Now it's a moment that I get to walk back into with some of my great friends. I get to continue to live life with people that I love so much, and that challenge and encourage me is incredible!


I was trying to go through my pictures and just pull out some "people missed" photos and then I realized that there are A LOT of people to be missed! So here are just a few highlighted. (insert sad song here)

this bundle of joy. my family


Reagan (I know you will DIE when you see this picture)



Hailey (Lemmy)



Taylor
p.s. we have ZERO pictures together. cool.

Kellye 

Grandma&Grandpa aka Alisa

Sarah (my cousin) just left this morning to do her DTS in Australia!!

So there are A LOT more that I could insert here, but I just gave a few examples. Lots of family and friends. People that have spoken such love and truth into my life. 
These are the people, that are fresh on my heart and mind. 
I've been able to spend the past 2 days in College Station, as Jesus provided through one of my dear friends the money for me to be able to come to be refreshed before I leave for Pismo by some of my best friends.

All in all to say, goodbye Texas for a little while! And i'm excited for this new season in California!!

p.s. the next time that I blog will be from my new home! :) NOW THAT'S EXCITING! 

Psalm 16:11
For You will make known to me the path of life,
In Your presence is FULLNESS of joy,
and in Your right hand are pleasures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment