Monday, October 10, 2011

For You are waiting

"How can we study His Word without spending hours in prayer every week, listening to Him speaking to us from His book? How can we study missions, unless we receive His burden for the unreached in the place of prayer? How can we study counseling, unless we are convinced that He can do far more for a broken person through prayer than we can ever accomplish through techniques of therapy? How can we study the Arts, unless we know the thoughts and burdens of the Original Artist?"




As I have been reading the DTS manual for this upcoming school, this phrase had me coming back to read and re-read it. It has something almost subtle, as if spoken in conversation, but then it holds this powerful statement. That if we desire the things of Jesus, how can we do this unless we really seek to know HIM and not just know about Him. Once a week, just won't cut it.


This is my prayer for the Central Coast. That we move out of this time of just talking about Him and realize that He is always speaking to us, and even in the silence He is speaking to us. Do we listen? Do we give Him 30 minutes? Can we give Him 6 hours? Even just sitting with Him, to be with Him, to know His presence. And this to me, is something I must continue to strive to do. Because these times that I close my eyes and draw near, He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It is a feeling that is so intimate and pure.


But can we? Well, for better words...will we?


Is our ONE desire to gaze upon His beauty? 
Stop and just reflect on the power of those words. Us saying this is not just a nice pretty line, but we are saying...Jesus there is NOTHING more beautiful than you. There is no desire in this world that would satisfy me as much as just one look into Your beauty. 


Do we really wait for Him?
Or is it mostly us asking Him to wait for us? To have the control. Because it really comes down to control.


When we can control the environment, that's when we feel safe enough to let our guard down, right? To say, "Ok speak to me... on my terms."


He does most the waiting, I feel. If each time we walk into His presence, to say yes, He has been waiting for us since the last time we did that.


What if instead we sang, "Hallelujah our God reigns." For we are unworthy souls.


"He is the song we're declaring
He is the joy, He is my joy"


And sometimes I wonder, HOW DO WE MISS THIS?! How do I miss this? How do we sing this, read this, attempt to move in this, when we ourselves don't declare HE IS MY JOY! But more importantly, in all circumstances. In all times, THIS IS WHO HE IS. This is the Jesus that I serve.

Joy is something that I love more and more about Jesus.

For you make me giddy for Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment