Friday, October 7, 2011

art.

So as many of you know, in the past 2 years, I have been more seriously pursuing art.
I love the idea of creativity in all things, whether it is thinking or painting or crafting, whatever! Jesus has just grown my passion to teach creativity, speak, encourage, and inspire through creativity. I mean after all He is the best example of all these things. It grows my love and my depth in Him, because He speaks so much in creativity. I mean, look around...


I am full time staff now with YWAM Pismo Beach, but I also will continue to seek any avenue of pursuing art because of the emphasis and joy that Jesus has continued to put on my life through pursuing art, that I just can't ignore.


My very sweet roommate has agreed to help me in this pursuit. She is just as much of a coffee lover as me, so naturally we start with checking out coffee shops and the possibilities and potential of having my art in places like this year round. Such an exciting thought! We were joking in the office today, as Will was calling a friend to get me some information on putting art in their shop, and I was in the back playing with Liam...Jael was taking notes on all the things that were important information in the conversation. She became a great secretary quickly. So we get to endeavor this together. Art is a great community thing, naturally one of my loves about it.


What I love about art is that there is freedom to grow, to change, to try new things, and not be scared of transitioning in and out of new ideas, projects...or going back to old ones. There is so much freedom in art. Freedom to express, tell stories, and release love. Jesus had a purpose when He made things unique, distinct, unlike anything else.


So all to say, this is something that is a passion and cry of my heart to see people's lives changed through art and healing to happen when we release our will to His.


My latest project has been back to journals.
I have this new obsession with a screen printer from Sweden. Her name is Lotta Jansdotter, and her style has inspired these journals that I have made here:





What I love about her is the simplicity in beauty that she brings. There is so many possibilities with this style of work, and all you need is some ink and watercolor!

Of course this is just side work to my everyday art that I do, but it's fun side work! 

These journals are 5x7 with 128 pages. They are thick paper where, if you are like me and write with heavy inked pens, you don't have to worry about it bleeding through.

They are $17 each. And if you would like to support me in buying one, this is a practical way to help! You just have to let me know :)


Have such a blessed day in Jesus name!

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift for painting and creating dear friend. You are so creative. I love what you wrote at the beginning...that it's a way that the Lord draws you closer to Himself...and share of His wonderful love. We are made in the image of the Creator, to create, and I am thankful that you are using your talents for the glory due His name. Love you sweet Audrey!

    ReplyDelete