Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holly Jolly

  My roommate Jael came to Texas for our family Christmas!! She is part of the family, I say. She is another sister to me. I LOVE having her here to see and understand more of the Southern love that I always talk about. She really does think everything is bigger (and better).

It has been so very good to be home. Every time that I am here, I am reminded at how blessed I am to truly love being around my family, and sharing Jesus' love genuinely. We laugh so much that I am losing my voice. It's glorious. I thank Jesus for my family. Ahh I thank Him!



Christmas Eve Eve party in Deep Ellum. We sat at this table all night, and slapped the hands of other people that tried to eat the food...


Christmas light hoppin. Yes, that is Santa kneeling at Jesus' crib.


holiday cheer in my neighborhood 


Christmas drive through downtown 


Christmas  Eve service. Good grief, you think our family could have more girls?!
and dad is behind the camera...


just hanging my wooden shoe on the tree


wine from each place that we live


Christmas Eve dinner!
once again, dad is behind the camera 


Mom made us aprons!


Christmas chaos...


Our traditional picture in front of the tree holding/wearing our gifts


Highly appropriate for the picture below


Jael's famous Jack Daniel's cake. Looks like poo but tastes quite better :)


singing loud for all to hear



So these next pictures are from the project my friend Cammie and her brother Ben took on as their Christmas gift to Papa Thevenet...




Their family was part of founding Dallas, so this is one of pictures of the family from 1909.

pretty close, eh?



life size kites!


we helped build and set up the picture




my lovely friends :)







Papa Thevenet coming to see the surprise! 

I love this time of year! I praise Jesus, that He is here! That we get to celebrate His presence. 
My family asks every year, what do you want to give Jesus this year?

It's fun to think of all the ways we can challenge ourselves with that this year. He is so deserving.


More to come! Merry Christmas family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment