Friday, December 23, 2011

Short term mission trip to India!!

As many of you know my love for India has grown increasingly over the past year, I am so blessed and excited to be able to lead a short term trip this coming year through YWAM Pismo!!

I will be leading a short term mission trip to Kolkata, India at the end of April- first of May (roughly April 22- May 7.) 

This trip is open to anyone! So if you are at all interested, please let me know and I can get you more details. My hope is to have the team finalized by the end of February, so that we can start getting plane tickets!





We will be going to serve at Mother Theresa's, Missionaries of Charity. For about 16 days, we will lay aside all that is familiar and run into the heart of the hustle and bustle in Kolkata. 

What I love about this home is that there are all areas to serve. I desire to see people thrive in their giftings, and to be able to give and give and give of their hearts. We will be focusing mostly on the leper colonies as a team.


We will be mostly working with the leper colonies! To love and kiss the feet and hands of these beautiful people who are outcasted. You can read all about leprosy here. It is the blog that I did on Jesus' heart for these beautiful people and the lives that they live.


He has given me this overwhelming love for lepers. And ever since I was reading about the lepers in Leviticus and through other parts of Mark and the Bible, every time that I read that word I have not been able to look away. My heart aches for them to know the touch of Jesus. I desire to see these people loved and brought into the embrace of His presence. 

Kolkata has some of the largest leper colonies.
This time last year I was talking with my best friend Hailey about them, wondering if the colonies still existed because it is a curable disease. The more that I prayed for the people of Kolkata and that I sought out the opportunity to go back- Jesus has never failed my heart. My desire and my heart is to go back and to touch and love the untouchable, the outcasted. The ones that Jesus rejoices over with singing. My hope is to bring people from the community around me, to open eyes to see them fall in love with the presence of God. To fight for something that seems impossible. 




Here are some pictures from my last trip :)









I can't wait to serve alongside some of you! We pray that this would be a time of adventure! We also hope to be able to shoot a short documentary on the colonies here to raise awareness and show the love of Jesus all over! 
Listen to that tug :)

Please contact me if you are interested, 
Audrey Spurgin
audreyspurgin@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment