Friday, December 2, 2011

Texas meets California once again

 Papa Spurg came to visit! The first time he has seen where I live, where I work, the community around me, and the unicyclists.
It's fun to have him here! We have kept ourselves quite busy. There is much more that we did, but here is a glimpse of the week...




Jesus has given us very beautiful 70 degree, sunny days! It has been wonderful. 





We went out to the pier the first day that he was here and watched surfers like these...


Then we attempted to play sand volleyball with some friends on staff, but got to the courts realizing that none of us knew where the volleyball was, so instead..




We explored the caves, and enjoyed a nice ocean view walk






Then me and dad did a little beach shopping to the local shops and let's just say- he is meant to be a model? Crazy eyes!














I have put a few pieces of my art in the local coffee shop, so we had enjoyed a cup of joe while looking at my pieces behind me.
Actually, dad ate a burger because he thinks that coffee tastes like "grease from the garage floor" (so little do his taste buds know...)









After our staff family dinner on Friday, we went out to SLO and watched their Christmas parade. It was a little less than average. Awkward pauses and spaces between each car. We did get to see some roller derby ladies, belly dancers, and a giant snowman with a girl inside it riding around on a bike. We went into my favorite coffee shop (Kreuzbergs) and watched the whole parade from a beautiful window seat.


And enjoyed walking around downtown, through a bubble gum alley with my roommates.






We also, we-meaning my dad, took on the task of building me a lofted bed/ desk!! My dad had never built either, but in less than a day he whipped out this bad boy! Isn't he incredible?!


And while he was making my bed, I went downstairs to the closet under the stairs and made my art getaway! It is incredible!!!! I sometimes just go down there and shut the door to sit and be still. Come hang out and paint!




For those of you who don't know- all the singles on staff combined homes this past week. So now we are all living in one place!! Quite fun! We came in and quickly whipped this place into holiday cheer.
These are the Christmas stockings for the house.
Oh how we love the holidays!



Another fun part of the house! The map wall in our kitchen. We are such missionaries.

 I'm sure that there will be more pictures to come after today when my friend Brandon teaches dad how to surf!!! Ain't NO way I am getting in- check the water temperature...




  Gonna miss you dad! It has been incredible to have you here! You have gotten to see where your little girl does life now. Maybe the whole family can come and hang out soon! :)
You have been an incredible example and dad to me and the family, and to see where and how it has shaped me now, I forgive you for all the times that I thought moving and changing everything was the worst thing ever. Everyone around me can see why I am the way that I am, and have such a value on family and community and seeing a whole culture LOVED and submerged in Jesus!
I love you so much, and you are the example I want to be. I look up to you more than you know.


3 comments:

  1. sounds like such fun, Audrey! Glad your dad could come visit. :) And, I definitely didn't realize how close you were to SLO - that's just my favorite city in the US, no big deal. Dang, I wish I could come see you. I have a Air Force friend living near there and his favorite coffee shop is also Kreuzbergs. He actually tried to help me get a job there and move there once! :) Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, it has been great getting to meet your dad. Thanks for being awesome! We love having you hear on staff with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beks! That's crazy! I think that you should come- it must be a sign! And actually a few months ago Kreuzberg's moved to a place like 3 times the size of the last one! It is incredible!! LOVE AND MISS YOU!

    And thank you much Will. I love being here with you guys!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete