Monday, September 12, 2011

rejoice!


It’s been a while since I used this whole blog thing.
Maybe not that long, but in how often I usually update, this has been a while!

I have been INCREDIBLY busy this past week, going to bed around 1 and then waking up at about 6:30. All the sudden I looked at my calendar and thing after thing just kept piling up. I had no idea that I had signed myself up for such a busy week! With support raising prep, speaking, garage sale 2 days in a row mixed in with my last day at work, car shopping, and having a full time job of painting…it all just happened so fast!

I want to say that without the help of my family and Jesus waking me up each morning rejoicing in the simplicity of His goodness I would NOT have been able to do this AT ALL. Cause we all know that in the midst of chaos simplicity is so refreshing.

I finally crashed yesterday. I had a little melt down. I had been drained in every aspect, in the sense that using all the gifts God has given me in one week became overwhelming. Painting and pouring all my relational self into support. So on the way to the carwash with my sister Molly to wash the mini van my grandparents so graciously gave to me (I had to wash it and clean it in order to sell it), I had my meltdown. I just cried and was frustrated and sad and excited all at the same time. My body at this point was running on what little energy I had left. So I asked Molly to pray for me. I knew that I was being attacked; I could feel darkness just creeping in on my weak body. And I knew I couldn’t fight it alone. Molly prayed for me and I could instantly feel the power and energy still in her flow into my body and I just started laughing at how ridiculously weak I was. I was just reminded that when I’m overwhelmed...praise Jesus, when I’m tired and my fleshly body is overwhelmed…praise Jesus. In ALL circumstances I will call on Him and praise Him. I needed to be covered and know that in my weakness He is OVERWHELMINGLY powerful!

I wake up each morning singing His praises because He is so faithful. He provides my needs for that day, and I rejoice because I know that without Him, I would have nothing. Nothing lasting, nothing to fill that heart He gave me to be His.

I can’t wait to tell you all the fun stories later this week of just how cool He is.
Everyday He takes me on an adventure. He opens my eyes to all that around me that is broken and needs His love. And He shows me the beauty of His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment