Friday, September 2, 2011

texas a&m


this little nugget here on the map has been my home for the past week.
college station, tx- texas a&m university.

So as I pull into this little gem of a place, I am anxiously awaiting what this week will look like. It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to sum it up in a blog that is not entirely too long (which I have never hesitated to do before) but I just want to share God's complete faithfulness and provision.
As I sit here in Hailey and Kendall's room, where I have been living all week, and a dear friend of mine just left my house, I have a moment to really reflect on the week. This week was necessary, was a much needed time of community and just living life with some of my greatest friends. 
I have said all week, that even though college station is not my home, I have relationships here that will continue to bring me back to this place. I never leave here without feeling encouraged, loved, and provided for, oh and of course inspired!
I love these people because they don't let their circumstances stop them from doing God's calling. It's my prayer and my heart to see that flourish here, but its just the beginning of an awakening, an arising, and a calling out from this place that will happen and continue to happen. 
I am literally out of words for how much I have been blessed this week. I can't even describe the love of Jesus without words from the Heavens. It's not based on us and our performance but we are radically set free because of it.
I have spent the week just pouring out my heart to people here, but also getting to hear their hearts poured out onto me. I love that about relationships. I have had so many opportunities this week to just be used, and not always taken full advantage of them, but it reminds me that all we have to do is say yes.
He wants a willing spirit, and open hands. He will do wonders, miracles, life changing things through us, which I have seen so much of this week through you here.
So, yeah, I have spent my days packed with meeting with people I know and with people I don't know just talking Jesus, who is the giver of life. Been able to really have people listen to my heart about where God is taking me, even if it doesn't interest them at all.
I have been provided for from small to big. From Jesus giving me a pen, to having people give me their money, their time, their prayers. All things that we have been given and He has gifted us in, He desires to use and eeeeks at moments when we allow Him to use that. 
I have seen the body this week. The way we were created to function and live together. With a mindset of the Kingdom, saying that ALL is for You, Jesus, all that I am I want to lay at your feet.


I know this may seem a little hard to follow, but honestly to sum up this week, is that I have seen people whole heartedly searching and seeking the things of Jesus, and stepping into obedience. That we are given talents and gifts, and to take those past dreaming, but into reality.


I am set free. I am set free in Jesus. Can we believe that for today?


I am learning and have been learning, that as soon as I let go of control and saying I can to A B C D to get where I wanna be, and just let Jesus move in how He moves... I have been ASTOUNDED at His faithfulness. Do we live lives that require experiencing and knowing that faithfulness?
How do our lives reflect our dependency on Jesus? 


"To the one who sits upon the throne, be blessing and honor and glory and power forever!"


God bless these people and Texas A&M. (how texan does that sound?!)


To the friends of Texas A&M,
Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for setting aside your comforts and stepping into a life that requires more faith. Keep going, step more into that. You have encouraged me this week, blessed me this week, and launched me into just a sweet reflection time of how much Jesus loves me and provides for me, through the obedience of His children. Thank you for showing me obedience, and giving me your time. I love each of you and am REALLY out of words for Jesus' provision and continued provision through you. Each of you that I have spent time with this week, have radiated Jesus. Every time I come back, I am always reminded, and carry an even deeper understanding of why He sent me here for that one year.


p.s. this blog, I wish did a better job of sharing this overwhelming joy I have in knowing that Jesus is always taking care of us and always willing to be our Provider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment